The Bridge Coat
Product sizing & information
Josh is 6’2” (188cm) and weighs 80kg. He has a 40” chest and a 27.5” sleeve (from shoulder to cuff). He has a 34.5” waist and his outside leg is 41” (taken from his natural waist to the trouser hem). He wears a Private White V.C. size 4 (Medium) in our outerwear, coats, jackets and tops and in all our legwear he wears a size 34”.
This garment is a regular fit and we recommend that you take your usual size. Please note the size chart information refers to the Twin Track WITHOUT the centre front panel. When inserted, the panel will provide an additional wrap of 4cm (1.5 inches)
Compare these product measurements to a similar garment you own.
(Measurements are to be taken with garment laying flat.)
A: Chest – 2.5cm below armhole across.
B: Waist – Straight across.
C: Hem – Straight across.
D: Cross Shoulder – From shoulder point to shoulder point.
E: Back Length – From nape to hem.
F: Sleeve – From crown to cuff.
|Measurements in cm||XS/2||S/3||M/4||L/5||XL/6||XXL/7||XXXL/8|
|Measurements in inches||XS/2||S/3||M/4||L/5||XL/6||XXL/7||XXXL/8|
Size conversion chart
|UK/US Chest (Inches)||36||38||40||42||44||46|
|UK/US Chest (cm)||91||97||102||107||112||117|
A luxury Peacoat designed for tailoring.
Given how diverse and fluid modern wardrobes are, pea coats are an incredibly useful piece of menswear. Few other things are versatile enough to go with smart jackets and trousers, but also with jeans and knitwear. But they’re rarely designed with tailoring in mind - usually too short to cover a traditional suit jacket, and too small in the shoulder and sleeve.
The PS Bridge Coat was based off the standard pea coat made by Private White VC. But it adds over two inches in length, so it is long enough to go over any traditional suit jacket. And it adds some traditional design details. So the buttons up the front run sweeping, flattering lines more usually seen on overcoats. They narrow slightly from the hips into the waist, bow dramatically outwards around the chest, and then narrow again at the collar.
The buttons are two-hole, unpolished horn, a model rarely seen outside Savile Row and a favourite of Permanent Style-founder Simon Crompton. The fabric is luxurious yet robust, a 620g (20/80) cashmere/wool mix, with natural stretch that helps it work over a jacket.
- Large, internal 'poacher's' pocket to store anything bulky, and two slit pockets in the chest, the left of which can be accessed even when the coat is fully buttoned
- Two in-breast pockets, with the left-hand one placed between two buttons so that, when the coat is fully buttoned up, you can still access it by sliding your hand in between them.
- Two jigger buttons on the inside of the coat. One at the waist, as standard, and one at the neck level (the latter enables you to fasten one layer of the coat across your chest, keeping you warm, while keeping the other open.
- Central box pleat at the rear, to help a little with movement when wearing a jacket underneath.
- Half belt, merely for show, with a raised edge that echoes the pockets on the front. Below that, a central vent that can be fastened with two button tabs. The tabs are nicely hidden away inside a fold of the vent, rather than sticking out.
- Two-hole real horn matte buttons
- Made in our own factory in Manchester
- Simon is wearing a Medium in the pictures here. He is usually a 50 in ready-made tailoring, sometimes a 48 if it's a boxy cut. He is 6-foot-tall and wears a 32-inch-waist trouser.
- The Medium is long enough to fit over all his bespoke jackets, the longest of which have a 32-inch back length.
- It is a fitted style with only 2 inches of room between the wearer’s measurement and the garment. It allows for a light to semi-weight jacket underneath or a medium-weight jumper. However, the cloth has much more give so it allows comfortable movement despite the narrower fit.
- It is a formal coat so it shouldn’t be worn oversized; if you are in between sizes then you should likely size up.
- To compare to our normal Peacoat, the Bridge Coat is about a half-size slimmer in measurement but has much more forgiving fabric.
- The sleeves are made without buttons, cuffs or lines of stitching, so they are easy for any tailor to shorten. They can also be lengthened, and there is excess lining in there, allowing up to about 2cm.
- The length is quite easy to shorten, but make sure the tailor is happy altering the vent at the back. That vent also makes it very hard to lengthen, so that wouldn't be advised.
- The coat can easily be taken in at the waist, with three seams to work with. But we wouldn’t recommend doing so by more than 3cm on each side. It can also be let out, up to around 2cm on each side.
- Double-sided cashmere & wool blend (20/80), so enough cashmere to feel luxurious, but enough wool to make it suitably robust for an every-day coat.
- The weight (620g) makes it versatile, if not heavy enough for coldest most extreme winters.
- The pockets are lined in 100% cashmere
- Body Lining: 100% viscose
- Dry Clean Only
2x-3x MARK UP
5x-7x MARK UP
MADE IN OUR OWN
FACTORY IN MANCHESTER