The Ventile® Shell Parka
Product sizing & information
Josh is 6’2” (188cm) and weighs 80kg. He has a 40” chest and a 27.5” sleeve (from shoulder to cuff). He has a 34.5” waist and his outside leg is 41” (taken from his natural waist to the trouser hem). He wears a Private White V.C. size 4 (Medium) in our outerwear, coats, jackets and tops and in all our legwear he wears a size 34”.
Compare these product measurements to a similar garment you own.
(Measurements are to be taken with garment laying flat.)
This garment is a regular fit we recommend you take your usual size.
A: Chest – 2.5cm below armhole across.
B: Waist – Straight across.
C: Hem – Straight across.
D: Cross Shoulder – From shoulder point to shoulder point.
E: Back Length – From nape to hem.
F: Sleeve – From crown to cuff.
|Measurements in cm||XS/2||S/3||M/4||L/5||XL/6||XXL/7||XXXL/8|
|Measurements in inches||XS/2||S/3||M/4||L/5||XL/6||XXL/7||XXXL/8|
Size conversion chart
|UK/US Chest (Inches)||36||38||40||42||44||46|
|UK/US Chest (cm)||91||97||102||107||112||117|
Need help?Live chat
This slightly oversized unlined Parka is the go to garment for any casual occasion, whether that be a dog walk, or a pub crawl. Handcrafted using the world’s finest 100% cotton, Ventile®, it is both 100% waterproof and 100% breathable.
- Grown on centre-front placket behind which sits a chunky copper 8-guage RIRI zip
- Multi-stitched zip guard and centre-front stud fastening
- Fully taped internal seams in our signature copper sealing tape
- One piece sleeve for enhanced movement
- Working stud adjustable cuff with gusset
- Military grade copper hardware from RIRI of Switzerland
- Drawstring waist channel with gun metal toggle & copper eyelets
- Two external bellow patch pockets with stud secure flaps. The closure of the pockets has an envelope construction to keep your belongings dry
- The hood boasts a double layer of Ventile® to guarantee protection from the rain.
- One internal smart-phone friendly patch pocket
- One internal, RIRI zip secure pocket on LHS (left hand side as worn)
- Ventile® stud bearer with a hold tab at the base to guarantee a no fuss zip fastening for the centre
- Made in our own factory in Manchester, England
Josh is 6’2” (188 cm) and weighs 80 kg. He has a 40” chest and a 27.5” sleeve (from shoulder to cuff). He has a 34.5” waist and his outside leg is 41” (taken from his natural waist to the trouser hem). He wears a Private White V.C. size 4 (Medium) in our outerwear, coats, jackets and tops and in all our legwear he wears a size 34”.
This garment is a slightly loose fit but can be brought in for a more fitted silhouette by tightening the internal waist channel.
- 100% cotton
- 205 gsm (Grams per Square Metre)
- Fluorocarbon free
- Ventile® was designed and developed up the road from our Manchester factory at the direct request from Winston Churchill during World War II. The final brief given to Manchester’s Shirley Institute in 1943 by the Ministry of Defence was to create a cloth that would help prolong the survival rates of RAF Pilots.
- Ventile® was famously used in the first ever summit of Mount Everest in 1953
- The mercerised yarns in the cloth are designed to swell when exposed to moisture which ensures unparalleled levels of resistance and protection from the rain for a 100% natural fabric (i.e. non-synthetic)
- 81 threads per cm (warp)
- 30 threads per cm (weft)
- Wipe down only with a gentle brush.
2x-3x MARK UP
5x-7x MARK UP
MADE IN OUR OWN
FACTORY IN MANCHESTER