The Ventile® Frobisher
Product sizing & information
Josh is 6’2” (188cm) and weighs 80kg. He has a 40” chest and a 27.5” sleeve (from shoulder to cuff). He has a 34.5” waist and his outside leg is 41” (taken from his natural waist to the trouser hem). He wears a Private White V.C. size 4 (Medium) in our outerwear, coats, jackets and tops and in all our legwear he wears a size 34”.
This garment is a regular fit and we recommend that you take your usual size. Please note the size chart information refers to the Twin Track WITHOUT the centre front panel. When inserted, the panel will provide an additional wrap of 4cm (1.5 inches)
Compare these product measurements to a similar garment you own.
(Measurements are to be taken with garment laying flat.)
A: Chest – 2.5cm below armhole across.
B: Waist – Straight across.
C: Hem – Straight across.
D: Cross Shoulder – From shoulder point to shoulder point.
E: Back Length – From nape to hem.
F: Sleeve – From crown to cuff.
|Measurements in cm||XS/2||S/3||M/4||L/5||XL/6||XXL/7||XXXL/8|
|Measurements in inches||XS/2||S/3||M/4||L/5||XL/6||XXL/7||XXXL/8|
Size conversion chart
|UK/US Chest (Inches)||36||38||40||42||44||46|
|UK/US Chest (cm)||91||97||102||107||112||117|
Take comfort in winter’s extremes. Designed in close collaboration with The Helm, one of Canada’s most influential and discerning men’s clothing retailers, this jacket forms part of the Cold Weather Collection. Engineered to endure the most harsh winter conditions. 100% waterproof and virtually indestructible.
A hat-tip to wily 16th century Yorkshire explorer, Sir Martin Frobisher, who combatted the fiercest conditions in his attempts to discover new trade routes through the Northwest Passage.
- Handcrafted using the world’s finest 100% cotton, Ventile®
- 100% waterproof with fully taped internal seams
- The sleeves and body benefit from two and three layers respectively of 100% Merino Wool wadding. (Wool is a thermal regulating fibre meaning that it is superior to goose feathers / ‘down’ as it can cool down or indeed warm up depending on the surrounding temperature)
- High rise wrap-around black shearling collar for additional warmth
- Detachable hood, wadded with two layers of merino wool and fully lined in 100% wool
- Two-way centre-front military-grade copper zip fastening (. i.e. very convenient when getting on and into cars, bikes etc)
- Button through placket under which lies a RIRI zip secure map pocket (allows you to access stored items without unfastening the main zip)
- Two external angled hand-warmer pockets lined with 100% merino wool
- Two external patch pockets with bellows and flap with button fastening
- Two large internal smartphone friendly patch pockets with stud secure fastening
- Ventile® stud bearer with hold-tab at the base to guarantee a quick no-fuss zip fastening for the centre front
- Adjustable drawstring waist with copper adjusters
- Internal self-fabric drip strip along the hem (to stop any snow or moisture rising up and on to the lining)
- Knitted storm cuffs to keep out the wind and cold
- Etched copper rivets on back neck and hanger loop
- Military grade copper hardware from RIRI of Switzerland
- Real horn British-made combat buttons
- Made in our own factory in Manchester
James is 6’2” (188 cm) and weighs 80 kg. He has a 40” chest and a 27.5” sleeve (from shoulder to cuff). He has a 34.5” waist and his outside leg is 41” (taken from his natural waist to the trouser hem). He wears a Private White V.C. size 4 (Medium) in our outerwear, coats, jackets and tops and in all our legwear he wears a size 34”.
This garment is a regular fit and we recommend you take your usual size.
Outer: 100% cotton - and in our assessment this is the best 100% cotton in the world.
- 205 gsm (grams per square metre)
- Ventile® was designed and developed up the road from our Manchester factory at the direct request from Winston Churchill during World War II. The final brief given to Manchester’s Shirley Institute in 1943 by the Ministry of Defence was to create a cloth that would help prolong the survival rates of RAF Pilots.
- Ventile® was famously used in the first ever summit of Mount Everest in 1953
- The mercerised yarns in the cloth are designed to swell when exposed to moisture which ensures unparalleled levels of resistance and protection from the rain for a 100% natural fabric (i.e. non-synthetic)
- 81 threads per cm (warp)
- 30 threads per cm (weft)
Body Lining: 100% wool flannel (100% lambswool flannel)
- 233 gsm (grams per square metre)
3x layers of 100% merino wool wadding throughout the body (so exceptionally warm)
- Dry Clean Only
2x-3x MARK UP
5x-7x MARK UP
MADE IN OUR OWN
FACTORY IN MANCHESTER