PRE ORDER THE VENTILE® MAC
|UK/US Chest (Inches)||36||38||40||42||44||46|
|UK/US Chest (cm)||91||97||102||107||112||117|
|UK/US Waist (Inches)||30||32||34||36||38||40|
|Inside Leg (cm)||82.5||82.5||82.5||82.5||82.5||82.5|
Made in Manchester. Made for Manchester (and the rest of the world).
Our most popular design, the timeless, single-breasted cotton raincoat continues to be the cornerstone of our factory. We have been perfecting its construction, pattern, and performance pretty much every day for the past 100 years.
In our time we have made (quite literally) millions of raincoats and we strongly believe that our Ventile® Mac is simply the best raincoat you will ever own.
Handcrafted using the world’s finest 100% cotton, Ventile®, it is both 100% waterproof and 100% breathable. The perfect garment for any individual, and fit for any occasion.
- Unlined, single breasted, fly-fronted rain coat with RIRI zip and stud centre front fastening
- 8-gauge centre front copper zip
- Copper taped internal seams
- Military grade copper hardware from RIRI of Switzerland
- Two internal stud secure pockets
- Vandyke stitched collar
- Etched copper rivets on back neck and hanger loop
- Ventile® stud bearer with hold tab at the base to guarantee a quick no-fuss zip fastening for the centre front
- Throat latch for additional protection from the elements
- Inset sleeves
- Made in our own factory in Manchester, England
Josh is 6’2” (188cm) and weighs 80kg. He has a 40” chest and a 27.5” sleeve (from shoulder to cuff). He has a 34.5” waist and his outside leg is 41” (taken from his natural waist to the trouser hem). He wears a Private White V.C. size 4 (Medium) in our outerwear, coats, jackets and tops and in all our legwear he wears a size 34”.
This garment is a regular fit we recommend you take your usual size.
Works just as well when worn over a suit jacket as it does when paired with jeans, trainers and a sweatshirt.
- 100% cotton - and in our assessment this is the best 100% cotton in the world.
- 205 gsm (grams per square metre)
- Fluorocarbon free
- Ventile® was designed and developed up the road from our Manchester factory at the direct request from Winston Churchill during World War II. The final brief given to Manchester’s Shirley Institute in 1943 by the Ministry of Defence was to create a cloth that would help prolong the survival rates of RAF Pilots.
- Ventile® was famously used in the first ever summit of Mount Everest in 1953
- The mercerised yarns in the cloth are designed to swell when exposed to moisture which ensures unparalleled levels of resistance and protection from the rain for a 100% natural fabric (i.e. non-synthetic)
- 81 threads per cm (warp)
- 30 threads per cm (weft)
- Wipe down only with a gentle brush
2x-3x MARK UP
5x-7x MARK UP
MADE IN OUR OWN
FACTORY IN MANCHESTER