Handcrafted by Cheaney in Northamptonshire, the Ashley Chukka Boot is a sturdy, shearling-lined men’s shoe in a rich grain leather. This plain toe lace-up boot features two copper eyelets and is fully fur-lined with an all fur insole for added warmth.
- 100% calf leather upper
- Shearling lining
- Goodyear welted Dainite rubber sole and hole
- Our signature copper eyelets
- Benchmade by Joseph Cheaney & Sons in their own factory in Northampton.
Made using Cheaney’s 12508 Last, these boots offer a generous and comfortable fit.
The boots have been designed to allow for the shearling lining so choose your regular size.
- Once you have purchased your beautifully handcrafted Cheaney shoes, naturally you will want to do everything you can to preserve them in pristine condition.
- The use of a wooden shoe tree is the most important thing you can do to maintain a pair of leather lined shoes.
- Wooden shoe trees made of an absorbent material such as cedar should be inserted into the shoes immediately after every wear, to absorb perspiration from the lining of the shoe, keeping it from cracking while helping to reduce the creasing of the upper.
- The regular use of wax polish, not containing silicone, is also important in the care of leather shoes. Shoes should be wiped clean before the application of polish with a suitable brush.
- The important thing is to prevent the leather losing its natural oils.
- These oils, which can be replenished by polishing, are the key to leather’s flexibility and strength. Even if you do not wish to wear your shoes straightaway, it’s important to nourish the leather.
- Also, with new leather soled shoes, for the first couple of times, it is good practice to walk in them on a dry, slightly gritty surface. If leather shoes get very wet, they should be left to dry naturally over a number of days, away from direct heat source.
2x-3x MARK UP
5x-7x MARK UP
MADE IN OUR OWN
FACTORY IN MANCHESTER